An ACCA qualification for Finance Professionals
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are mandated in more than 100 countries worldwide. All companies in Cyprus are obliged by the Cyprus Companies Law to prepare their financial statements in accordance with IFRS’s as adopted by the European Union (EU). All listed companies in the EU have to prepare consolidated company accounts that comply with IFRS. It also affects associates and subsidiaries of EU-listed companies.
This course is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of IFRS’s. You will also learn how to apply them, as well as the concepts and principles which underpin them.
On completion of the Diploma candidates should be able to:
- understand, explain and apply the IASB’s Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting
- apply relevant financial reporting standards to key elements of financial reports
- identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies in financial reports and notes
- prepare group financial statements (excluding group cash flow statements) including subsidiaries, associates and joint arrangements
Who is it for?
If you are not yet qualified and you are working as an accountant or as a member of a finance team in any organisation and you would like to gain a deeper knowledge of IFRS, this is the qualification for you!
What do I need to register?
You can apply online at any time to start studying DipIFR. The quickest way to register is to apply online.
You will need to prove that you have:
- Three years’ relevant accounting experience
You will need to submit a completed experience confirmation form.
You can also register if you have:
- Two years’ relevant accounting experience and a relevant degree (attracting at least ACCA qualification exemptions F1-F4)
To confirm the relevance of a degree please refer to ACCA’s Exemption Enquiry database.
DipIFR is assessed by a three-hour written exam held twice a year with a pass mark of 50 per cent.
- 9 June 2017
- 8 December 2017
The fee is £185. This allows one exam attempt in December 2017.
Official Website: http://www.accaglobal.com